Beauty products lining shelves and aisles may promise us eternal youth but what goes inside them may come at a very heavy price.
The truth is that women are still using toxic makeup for beauty by compromising their health. Many beauty products are filled with chemical and synthetic ingredients that can have negative effects on our bodies and should be avoided at all costs.
The following chemicals are known to block skin pores and cause irritation in human body.
· Butylated hydroxytoluene (BHT): A possible cause of cancer.
· Parabens: Commonly associated to risk of breast cancer.
· Petrolatum: Could cause cancer.
· PEG compounds : Can damage kidneys, liver and brain.
· Butylated hydroxyanisole (BHA): Can induce allergic skin reactions.
· Diethanolamine or cocamide (DEA): Linked to different types of cancers including those of the liver, stomach, bladder and esophagus.
These six chemicals are commonly found in a variety of cosmetics and may cause cancer and other skin problems. Since many cosmetics products use these ingredients in the manufacturing process, it is best to use natural products as much as possible.
To avoid toxic skin care products, do not purchase anything that has parabens or petroleum products or even ingredients that you may not be able to pronounce. In an effort to avoid synthetics and chemicals, eliminate or reduce personal care items and cosmetics that contain these and other chemical additives.
And while beauty products are mostly highly priced, they do not always deliver as promised. For the worst part, many of these ingredients get absorbed through the skin without the users knowing what the effect will be to their overall health.
As an alternative, choose a pure, natural and healthy lifestyle for staying young instead of relying on chemical based beauty products and cosmetics. Other options to using anti-aging products is to choose those that are made of plant derived ingredients and grown without pesticides as these will be better for health and benefits will last a lifetime.