A series of lifestyle habits and eating practices can determine the condition of our skin. And even though we are all born with certain genetic features that influence our skin type and its general condition, the way we treat it during our lifetime has a definite impact on how refreshed or tired our skin looks.
So it becomes important to take care of the skin you have as it is meant to last a lifetime. Some basic skin care practices that can make it easier to get clear, glowing skin may include the following.
- Use skin care products with the least amount of chemicals. Beauty stores and aisles are stocked with products that promise us the fountain of youth, but the problem is that they are also full of chemical ingredients. Instead, consider using organic cosmetics or try some homemade recipes to nourish the skin naturally. Miessence products are a great, safe, non-toxic alternative.
- Wear sunscreen daily to prevent premature aging (at least SPF 30). Make it a habit to apply some on, even in winter, before stepping outside. Daily sun protection is the most effective way to fight against all the negative effects of UV damage and premature aging.
- Eat mostly organic foods. Diet is important in affecting the condition of the skin so choose foods that contain no pesticides, herbicides, and other chemicals.
- Exercise every week. Including regular exercise into your lifestyle such as going for a walk, taking a dance or aerobics class can be beneficial for skin rejuvenation as blood circulation is activated by exercise to all parts of the body including the skin.
- Practice yoga or other relaxation techniques. Stress can have a negative effect on skin so it is a good idea to indulge in some sort of relaxation activity to relieve stress.
- Plenty of sleep ranging between 7-8 hours daily is also beneficial for the way our skin looks and feels. A good night’s sleep ensures that you wake up feeling refreshed.
- Drink lots of water to keep skin well hydrated at all times.
- Remove makeup before sleeping to prevent acne and other skin problems.