Salads are the easiest to prepare; add a little lettuce, tomato, cucumbers, onions, and you’re good to go, but there’s more to preparing this simple dish than you think.
Sure, you could put in a bunch of ingredients here and there, and you won’t even bother because it’s a bowl of vegetables – automatically it will look and taste healthy.
Did you know that before you can get the full benefits of a salad you also need to add in the right ingredients to make it rich in vitamins and minerals? If you manage to get it right, you could be enjoying all the great health benefits that each ingredient has to offer.
If you are struggling with what to put in your salad, don’t worry because you have come to the right place. In this article, you will be taught how to make a simple and easy chickpea salad recipe. Chickpeas are a great source of protein, and therefore should be tried at least once.
Watch the video to find out how to prepare this recipe.
- Romaine lettuce
- Cooked chickpeas or canned (preferably BPA free cans and rinse before to remove excess sodium)
- Fresh parsley
- Sunflower seeds
- Sesame seeds
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Apple cider vinegar
- Extra virgin olive oil
- In a large bowl, add at least 2 cups of romaine lettuce. You can put as much as you want depending on how many people you will be sharing it with.
- Add 1 cup of cooked chickpeas to your salad. If you are going to buy chickpeas that come in a can, make sure that they are organic and indicate that they are in a BPA free can.
- Add the spinach and fresh parsley to the mix. This adds a great volume of flavor to your salad.
- Add the sunflower seeds and the sesame seeds. You can experiment. It can be any kind of seeds or nuts for as long as they are raw and organic if possible and healthy for you.
- Add a little salt and pepper to taste.
- For the dressing, mix 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil. Mix everything together to make sure that all the flavors get combined.
Nutritional Facts and Health Benefits
Here are a few health benefits that you can get from all the ingredients in this dish:
- Chickpeas – chickpeas are an excellent source of protein and are a great substitute for meat for those who are vegan. Chickpeas also aid weight loss and would be highly beneficial to those who are trying to watch their weight. They can also improve digestion and have a lot of vitamins and minerals.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – apple cider vinegar has a lot of health benefits. It can help regulate healthy blood sugar levels in your body.
- Spinach – spinach is another great source of protein. Most of the calories that can be found in this leafy green comes from healthy carbohydrates and protein. It also includes iron, calcium and magnesium. It can help keep your bones healthy.
Try this Healthy Chickpea Salad Recipe
Staying healthy means that you also need to make certain lifestyle changes to stay consistent.
If you want to know more healthy food recipes that you can try, visit our YouTube channel to stay up to date: https://www.youtube.com/changemyeatinghabits