Want a light salad for dinner? There’s nothing like a light healthy meal to end your day after all the pressure of a hard day’s work. Living healthy and developing healthy habits is a lifestyle choice; therefore you also have to make the necessary adjustments to keep yourself healthy at all times. That means, getting rid of artificial ingredients, processed chips, fatty snacks, and processed junk foods.
It’s a given that not everyone will like the idea of snacking on fruits and vegetables, but once you get started, you’ll find that healthy food can also be enjoyed just as much and your taste buds will start craving the good stuff. Salads are easy and nutritious meals you can eat, and even better – they are super easy to prepare.
If you don’t know how to make a quick and easy salad recipe, watch the video below to learn how!
In this article, you will be taught how to make a yummy and easy salad recipe using only fresh greens and a few other delicious ingredients.
Read on and you’ll get the details.
Here is a list of the ingredients used to make a healthy salad:
- Romaine lettuce
- Chicken/Salmon/Tuna (Optional)
- Nuts or Seeds (hemp seeds, sunflower seeds, walnuts, almonds, pumpkin seeds)
- Fresh sprouts like sunflower sprouts
- Bell peppers
- Fresh basil
- Extra Virgin olive oil
- Apple cider vinegar
- Salt & pepper (to taste)
Add all the leafy greens in a large bowl. This includes the romaine lettuce, spinach and kale.
Add the chickpeas into the mix. You can add any kind of beans to your salad as well as other sources of protein like chicken, tuna or salmon. Feel free to experiment with this and see what you like. When measuring, the protein needs to be at least the size of your palm.
Add the nuts or seeds. You can add any kind of nuts or seeds to your salad. Experiment on this as much as you like to see what you enjoy.
Add the sprouts. This can either be sunflower sprouts, bean sprouts, etc. Make sure they are organic.
Add the other ingredients into the mix, which includes your tomatoes, bell peppers, cucumbers, etc. Feel free to experiment with this, as long as the salad looks vibrant and colorful.
Add a few fresh herbs into your salad. Herbs are a great way to add more flavor and nutrients.
Lastly, add the avocado to your salad and mix thoroughly until everything is mixed together.
Instructions for Making the Dressing:
- Add 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- Add a little bit of salt and pepper
- Mix or shake thoroughly
Nutrition Facts and Health Benefits
All of the ingredients used in this recipe are all packed with great benefits. Here are some of the most important health benefits you can get from the main ingredients in this dish:
- Romaine Lettuce – If you are trying to watch your weight, romaine lettuce is one of the healthiest leafy greens that you can add to your food. It contains calcium, phosphorus, potassium, and magnesium. It is also low in sodium, and filled with vitamin C, folate, and Vitamin K.
- Chickpeas – Here’s another weight loss ingredient that you can add to your food. Chickpeas are high in protein and are also a rich source of fiber. It helps improve your digestion, can aid in weight loss and can be a replacement of meat for those who are vegan.
- Tomatoes – Did you know that tomatoes are a rich dietary source of antioxidants? They are also a rich source of vitamin C, potassium, folate, and vitamin K.
- Avocados – Avocados are incredibly nutritious. They contain more potassium compared to bananas and also contain healthy monounsaturated healthy fatty acids.
Start Making Small Changes to your Diet Daily
When you eat healthy, you will also feel healthy. It’s not enough to just follow a strict diet, but healthy living is supposed to be a lifestyle choice.
If you want to learn more healthy recipes like this one, follow our YouTube channel and you’ll get all the information you need: https://www.youtube.com/changemyeatinghabits