We all know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so it’s always great to have a healthy and nutritious meal to ensure that we are energized and productive.
With having a healthy meal means that you also need to make the necessary changes to your diet to maintain a consistent healthy lifestyle.
There are many ways that you can enjoy breakfast every morning. Healthy food can be enjoyed, and can be just as flavorful and delicious.
If you are struggling to come up with a great breakfast food recipe, try this easy healthy recipe.
Watch the video and get all the details.
Here is a list of the ingredients used to make a healthy breakfast:
- Plain Greek Yogurt, Soy or Coconut Yogurt
- Berries (any of your choice)
- Chia Seeds
In a bowl, add some yogurt. Make sure that you get yogurt that does not have fruit on the bottom or contains a lot of sugar. Purchase yogurt that is just plain and includes probiotics.
Add the berries into the bowl. The berries that are added can be any of your choice, whether it’s raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, mulberries.
Add a tablespoon of walnuts into the mix for omega 3s.
Add the chia seeds. The seeds can either be soaked in water or eaten dry. It is your choice, either way it will still taste great. Mix thoroughly until everything is covered with yogurt.
Nutritional Facts and Health Benefits
- Plain Greek Yogurt – Greek yogurt is filled with lots of protein and healthy probiotics. In case you do not know what probiotics are, these are healthy bacteria that work to keep your stomach healthy. When choosing the right yogurt, make sure to look at the nutrition facts written on the packaging. Do not purchase any yogurt that already contains artificial fruits and flavoring, because these often contain too much sugar or artificial sugar, which is bad for the health.
- Chia Seeds – Did you know that chia seeds are a superfood? Chia seeds contain a lot of health benefits. They are jam packed with antioxidants, fiber, high quality protein, omega 3 fatty acids, and calcium.
- Walnuts – Walnuts are rich in antioxidants and omega 3 fatty acids.