We all know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so it’s always great to have a healthy and nutritious meal to ensure that you are energized and productive.
Of course, come with having a healthy meal means that you also need to make the necessary changes to your diet to maintain a consistent healthy lifestyle.
There are many ways that you can enjoy breakfast every morning. There’s no need to keep eating the same thing everyday, you can always change it up with healthy substitutes like berries, muffins, toast, and a lot more. Healthy food can be enjoyed, and can be just as flavorful and delicious.
If you are struggling to come up with a great breakfast food recipe, try this easy healthy recipe. In this article, you will be taught how to make a healthy and simple yogurt breakfast filled with healthy nutrients needed by the body.
Watch the video and get all the details.
Here is a list of the ingredients used to make a healthy breakfast:
- Plain Greek Yogurt, Soy or Coconut Yogurt
- Berries (any of your choice)
- Chia Seeds
In a bowl, add some yogurt. Make sure that you get yogurt that does not have fruit on the bottom or contains a lot of sugar. Always get yogurt that is just plain and includes probiotics.
Add the berries into the bowl. The berries that are added can be any of your choice, whether it’s raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, mulberries.
Add a tablespoon of walnuts into the mix for omega 3s. Feel free to add the quantity you want; just be sure if you are trying to lose weight its best not to exceed a handful a day.
Add the chia seeds. The seeds can either be soaked in water or eaten dry. It is your choice, either way it will still taste great. Mix thoroughly until everything is covered with yogurt.
Nutritional Facts and Health Benefits
A lot of the main ingredients used in this dish are filled with all kind of health benefits. Check out some of these fun health facts and the positive effects it can have on your body:
- Plain Greek Yogurt – Greek yogurt is filled with lots of protein and healthy probiotics. In case you do not know what probiotics are, these are healthy bacteria that work to keep your stomach healthy. When choosing the right yogurt, make sure to look at the nutrition facts written on the packaging. Do not purchase any yogurt that already contains artificial fruits and flavoring, because these often contain too much sugar or artificial sugar, which is bad for the health.
- Chia Seeds – Did you know that chia seeds are a superfood? Chia seeds contain a lot of health benefits and are considered to be one of the healthiest food ingredients. These seeds only contain a small amount of calories, which is great for people who are trying to lose a few pounds. They are jam packed with antioxidants, fiber, high quality protein, omega 3 fatty acids, and a lot of others.
- Walnuts – Walnuts bring a lot of health benefits to the body as well. They are rich in antioxidants, omega 3 fatty acids & can help decrease inflammation in the body.
Start your Day with a Healthy Breakfast Everyday
Breakfast is always important especially if you have a lot of things to do in one day.
To get more ideas on how to continue with your healthy lifestyle, check out the YouTube channel for more information on how to cook your favorite food with a healthy twist: https://www.youtube.com/changemyeatinghabits