Everyone loves chocolate. It’s a guilty pleasure and most people just love to keep eating it especially when they are feeling stressed or just need a quick sugar fix. Contrary to popular belief that it’s bad for your health, not all chocolate is bad for you. In fact, chocolate can actually be healthy.
There are a lot of benefits to making your own raw chocolate, and there are a lot of benefits you can get from dark chocolate. If you want to try and make your own but you do not know where to start, don’t worry because you have come to the right place.
Watch this video and learn how to make healthy raw chocolate. You will be taught how to make your own healthy raw piece of chocolate for you to enjoy and munch all you want guilt free.
It’s great for kids and can even make a great binge snack when you are starting to crave for something sweet.
- Raw Cacao Butter
- Raw Cacao Powder
- Raw Cacao Paste
- Vanilla Extract
- Chocolate molds can be in any choice of shape that you want
- Raw Walnuts
- Spirulina or any choice of superfood you want
- Coconut sugar, honey or maple syrup
- Pomegranate powder or any choice of superfood you want
- In a (bain marie) double boiler system, add the raw cacao butter and the raw cacao paste and let it melt slowly at a low temperature.
- In a large bowl, add all of the dry ingredients, which are your cacao powder, spirulina powder, pomegranate powder, coconut sugar and your walnuts. Feel free to experiment with the walnuts; you can add more to the mix depending on how crunchy you want your chocolate to be.
- Add a teaspoon of vanilla extract to the ingredients and mix it all together thoroughly until everything is mixed together.
- Once the raw cacao butter and the raw cacao paste are already melted, pour it into the dry ingredients together and mix it slowly because it is very hot. Make sure to blend it together thoroughly.
- Since the chocolates won’t be cooked, they will be put in the freezer, you can start adding them to your molds using a candy funnel. Go slowly and fill them up one by one.
- After you have filled in the molds, leave them in the freezer for 30 minutes to 2 hours depending on how big the molds are.
- Store your raw chocolate in the refrigerator to keep it fresh. These chocolates are very healthy and do not contain any preservatives, which can benefit your health.
Nutritional Facts and Health Benefits
Healthy chocolate is a great way to keep your sweet tooth in tact. Given that this snack is guilt free, lets take a look at some of the health benefits of the main ingredients in this fun snack.
- Raw cacao butter – cacao butter contains a lot of raw and unprocessed nutrients that can be great for your health. For one, it prevents aging, helps renew damaged skin, helps with weight loss, is a great source of vitamins and minerals, can help you balance your mood swings, and it is also a great source of energy. It is also great for your hair and nails.
- Raw cacao paste – organic cacao contains 40 times more antioxidants compared to other ingredients. It is a plant-based source of iron; it is also full of magnesium, which is great for your heart and brain health. Raw cacao paste also contains natural calcium, which is so much better than cow’s milk. It can also improve your mood all together.
- Spirulina – This green ingredient may look disgusting at first, but it is actually very healthy for you. Spirulina contains powerful antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties.
Try this Raw Healthy Chocolate Alternative for a Quick Sugar Fix
Chocolate has always been a favorite guilty pleasure, but wouldn’t it be better if you had a guilty pleasure that was both healthy and delicious all at the same time?
For more information on how to make your own homemade healthy snacks, you can follow the YouTube page to get more recipes and tips.