We all love dessert but not all dessert is good for us no matter how good it tastes. Candies, chocolates, donuts, and many other kinds of sweets are so delicious that it is literally considered a guilty pleasure, but we can’t resist if it is considered a norm for us to eat dessert right after a delightful meal.
The good news is, not all dessert has to be bad and unhealthy. In fact, there are a lot of healthy snacks out there that you can purchase or make yourself that are both healthy and good for your body. If you have a sweet tooth, don’t worry because there’s a solution to this problem.
In this article, you will be taught how to make raw no bake coconut balls that are great for an after-dinner dessert or snack. Ready for the recipe?
- ½ cup grated carrots
- ¾ cups walnuts
- ¼ cup hemp seeds
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ¼ cup raw honey
- 1 tbsp. of raw cacao powder
- 6 pitted medjool dates
- ½ tsp. nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. ground cloves
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ cup of shredded coconut (on a baking sheet)
- Prepare all the ingredients in advance so that it is easy to mix together once ready to add in the food processor.
- In a food processor, add all of the ingredients together and blend on high level until everything is thoroughly mixed together.
- On the baking sheet, sprinkle the rest of the shredded coconut. Roll the mixture into balls and roll each of them around in the shredded coconut.
- Place all the rolled balls on a plate and refrigerate them for a few hours.
Nutritional Facts and Health Benefits
Coconut balls are healthy, fun to eat, and can be enjoyed by just about anyone in your family. Lets take a look at some of the great health benefits you can get from the main ingredients of this snack.
- Shredded Coconut – Shredded coconuts have numerous health benefits. They are a rich source of dietary fiber, which is great for those who are trying to lose some pounds. They are also a rich source of iron and healthy fats. They can also help to fight against certain diseases.
- Hemp seeds – These seeds may come in a small package but they certainly pack a huge punch. Hemp seeds are a good source of protein, which provides all the nine essential amino acids to your body. They are also rich in unsaturated fats, which is rich in omega 3 fatty acids. Hemp seeds are also rich in fiber and a lot of vitamins and minerals.
- Pitted Medjool Dates – Dates are a healthy fruit that you can include in your diet. These unique fruits are rich in fiber, nutrients, and antioxidants all of which may provide all kinds of health benefits to your body.
Try this Healthy Snack for a Continuous Path to a Healthy Lifestyle
Living healthy and choosing not to keep eating bad sweets is a lifestyle choice. You have the power to change your eating habits for healthier ones.
For more information on how you can continue your healthy lifestyle check out my YouTube channel for more healthy recipes and tips.